Best-selling author, 4x TedX speaker, and futures strategist, John Sanei, is passionate about psychology and technology, and engaging with brands across the globe to assist in building an optimal mental approach needed to make their future more abundant than they ever thought possible. With the launch of his first book in 2017, titled What’s Your Moonshot?, John inspired readers across the globe to be brave enough to ask bold, critical questions about the future. In his second book, Magnetiize (2018), he poses compelling questions such as ‘How do we take control of our future?’ and ‘What can we do to stop chasing and start attracting the life we want?’. Since then, he has gone on to publish even more life-changing ideas and concepts.
In this week’s Business Unusual podcast, Ralf Fletcher, CEO of Topco Media chats with John Sanei for an incredibly insightful talk on ‘taking pain and alchemising it’ for future success. John touches on actively pursuing business and personal interests with intention, and asking the hard questions along the way. He also gives amazing advice for transitioning through times of uncertainty, discipline, and achieving ‘seamless abundance’ in all spheres of life.
Key takeaways to listen out for in this podcast:
- Public speaking is an exciting yet nerve-wracking opportunity to share your knowledge and experiences with audiences – it is a chance to curate your thoughts and engage with people on a deeper level.
- It is important to discuss failures – once you’ve healed from the experience, only then can you ‘alchemise’ it and learn from it the healthiest way possible – use these lessons to fuel your excitement for life.
- Understanding financial management and your relationship with wealth is imperative. Find out why and how the relationship was formed, what must change, then re-establish your overall relationship with money for the better.
- When it comes to delivering presentations, spend extra time on compiling your slides to give your audience/clients a premium experience. Slides should exhibit intelligence, prolific story-telling, and offer value. This is essential for building a premium brand.
- In business, make sure your actions are louder than your words. Be genuine, specific, intentional and conscientious in all that you do.
- Work towards being fuelled by excitement rather than anxiousness. This will ensure the best results.
- We are living in a ‘surplus society’ where everyone has similar qualifications, jobs, lifestyles etc. The structure of success and ‘winning’ is changing and we need to keep up.
- Collaborate with people who need the help of your skills and mindset – do not fear competition and work in service of the human race.
- Give yourself the permission to love new things, and question established ideas and structures. Learning better emotional management, rather than being too strict with yourself, will promote healthier rituals, creativity and curiosity.
- Consumers are now holding businesses accountable and keeping them on their toes. Now is the time to be as transparent as possible, and uplift your employees and clientele – you need to build strong, loyal long-term relationships to ensure longevity of your business model.
*To listen to the full podcast, please click here
John Sanei (Sah-nay) comes alive at the intersection of human psychology and futurism and uses his truly unique perspective to discover elegant ways for his global audience to build the clarity and courage needed to approach the future confidently. Honoured to be Africa’s first Singularity University faculty member, John is also a lecturer at Duke Corporate Education and an Associate Partner at The Copenhagen Institute of Future Studies. His rare ability to combine his fascination with emerging technology and its impact on society with a clear understanding of how memories and stories influence our reality has seen him share the stage with several world-renowned thought leaders, including Yuval Harari, Simon Sinek, and Robin Sharma, amongst many others. John is a serial author and has four best-sellers to his name and is busy writing his 5th book, titled ‘10 000 Days’.